SilkSerif

Silk & Serif

Silk & Serif a book blog developed by Debbie. We are dedicated to reviews, the book community and all things "bookish"! The main focus of the blog being Fantasy, Science Fiction, Romance and YA novels.

The Worst of Times: How Life on Earth Survived Eighty Million Years of Extinction
Paul B. Wignall
The Bourbon Kings
J.R. Ward
Smoke on the Water (Sisters of the Craft)
Lori Handeland
Siddhartha Mukherjee
Never Cry Wolf : Amazing True Story of Life Among Arctic Wolves
Farley Mowat

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith The Statistical Probability of Love is cute, slow paced novel about two young people meeting at an airport surrounded by a series of random events. The author highlights that if Hadley had been 4 minutes earlier, had decided not to go to her father's funeral, or Oliver had not helped her pick up her book, she may never met the boy who becomes her first love.

On top of all this surprisingly, we learn about the before-divorce relationship Hadley had with her father (hes sort of a douche, but she rises above this to forgive him), and Hadley finally finds closure with her parents divorce. I found Hadley at bit mellow dramatic about how she wasn't happy about her parent's divorce when really its none of her business, but realistically this seems to be a young adult issue. In the end Hadley takes the higher road, and grows up in the process.

If you're looking for a quick tear-jerker (I literally balled my eyes out!), this is definitely for you. Not to mention a cute British boy with impeccable manners. In all, a great read.

My only concern about the book was the tense it was written in. The third person is not widely used, and it made getting into the story a bit difficult in the end. It seemed to have a decent emotional effect once the ball REALLY got rolling, though.

Lets see what happens in the next installment: The Geography of You And Me.