SilkSerif

Silk & Serif

Silk & Serif a book blog developed by Debbie. We are dedicated to reviews, the book community and all things "bookish"! The main focus of the blog being Fantasy, Science Fiction, Romance and YA novels.

The Worst of Times: How Life on Earth Survived Eighty Million Years of Extinction
Paul B. Wignall
The Bourbon Kings
J.R. Ward
Smoke on the Water (Sisters of the Craft)
Lori Handeland
Never Cry Wolf : Amazing True Story of Life Among Arctic Wolves
Farley Mowat
SPOILER ALERT!

Opal

Opal - Jennifer L. Armentrout Okay, so after a little work Ive read Opal. Maybe its just the 16 hour daily shifts, the need to move YET again three weeks after just moving and dying from a god awful virus, but I just wasn't feeling it this time.

Katy and Daemon are helping Dawson get Beth back. The must break into DOD's headquarters to get Beth. Begin tale.

Katy and Daemon bored me. I think perhaps the series is done for me because all their endearing moments just kind of didn't do it for me. I think I should have read the last look just to re-hype myself on the Katy and Daemon train. I just wasn't feeling it.

The action scenes were short. We need more action like the initial days of Lux. And more focus on the LUX species and less on Katy and Daemon's rather yawn worthy sex life (Really, she kills Will and then sleeps with Daemon, worst reason ever).

Hating on book pirates randomly made me roll my eyes.

It was nice to see all the old characters again, and the cliffhanger ending will of course bring me back for one more book. I don't think I can do much more though unless there is a major upheaval somewhere in the storyline. Cant wait to see how Daemon saves Katy - but also curious how Jennifer will write about that since we have never done Daemon's side of things. Either way, for a series losing its steam so quickly I can see this being salvageable with a little more "Luxianism" and a little less romanticism. Sure this is YA Paranormal Romance - and maybe I'm getting bored of the genre, but I want more details on the Lux race!